Saturday 6 September 2014

Oprah in Me

We all have seen numerous episodes of the famous Oprah Winfrey talk show but I gotta say that I always wanted to hear what she is thinking more than the participant's and my wish got fulfilled today when I watched Oprah being interviewed at Stanford Graduate School of Business. 


What can I say. I am more in love with her and mostly more in love with myself. Well, if you are thinking what the hell! she is again self praising then you have to watch the show. Believe you me, you have to.

I was in tears today after a long time. These sort of tears first came in presence in my life when I finished reading "The Alchemist". Its not really the sobbing kind of tears but more like when you know that someone who lives miles away and has never met you has understood something deeper about you and mostly when you have that feeling -- You know that something has woken up or say shaken up-- something was sleeping for sometime is now out there naked in front of you. In easy words- when you have a self realization about YOU.

We know this fact and I truly believe this that pain and sorrows and wrong decisions are all the most powerful and great things in life. When we suffer we actually open doors to self realization and to the understanding of a better decision. Imagine if we simply learn to adjust to the bad circumstances and situations and live with them thinking its destiny then we might take a very long time to understand the purpose, one can call it "The Calling" or in totality "the knowledge of real we". Or may be in right terms - The process of self realization.

Elizabeth Gilbert rightly says- Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.

But does that understanding comes easily to all of us? Well not to me. I too like most people would sit and cry on the sorrows for more than deserved time. However, I personally always know, deep down, that its time - to move on. I always know, that some person and I can just never be friends and this is not because I feel someone is not good enough for me, its just that, I know that at this moment, we are at different places.

Oprah also spoke about the SELF LOVE. I have a personal experience with this and the story goes like - Recently during a training session, we were asked to rate different aspect in our life from number 1- 10 whereas 1 being the most important thing and 10 being the least important thing. The things included everything from friends, family, partner, children, self, job, etc etc. I instantly, without thinking for even a second placed myself at number 1 and passion/ dream at number 2(even if I don't have clarity on that as of today) and then friend and family. I was surprised to see that me and one more guy were the only two people who rated ourselves at number 1 and it really got me thinking that am I self consumed and are all these other people really that selfless?

Well my understanding of the thought is - arent we suppose to fill our cup first before being able to offer the other person something. Oprah today solved my misery. She spoke the same things what I always thought that in life until and unless you are happy with yourself you can  never spread happiness around. Think deeply about this and you also might think the same.
Also, one more thing which stuck and will stay with me forever is, when she said that people often ask this question to themselves-what would you say to your younger self-  Oprah says just RELAX.. everything will be fine. its gonna be ok. The Que to being eloquent with the truth is when you are drifting off-course you know that this is it and you need to shift gears , move in another direction. May be again you will hit a wall but then again you know that you need to turn further more and thus eventually you will come across the path which you are destined for. Sooner or later, one will get there.

She also said- Think what is the next right move and then next move and so on rather then thinking the whole life at once. Further she added, know that your life is not defined by what someone tells you.

So here it goes, the truth revelation once again, you are the master of your destiny. Why live small when you are here for living it large. Why fear criticism when at end you are just gonna be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment