Sunday 26 October 2014

Gloomy? Watch these!

Over the years I have made a list of my very own comfort movie collection and this so happened that when ever I watched these movies I instantly felt relaxed.

My Best Remedy for Bad/Depressed/Gloomy Mood-

1) Wake Up Sid: Sid, a carefree, dependent and rich young guy who is kicked out of his parents house, finds place to live in his older, intelligent and independent friend, Aisha's small apartment and the film showcases their journey together. A very sweet and much closer to life film. Everyone who has lived alone at some point in life can very well relate to this movie.



2) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara- 3 old friends decides to go for a much awaited holiday road trip to Spain. The movie has everything - friendship, comedy, hardship, euphoria, romance, breakup, dance, beautiful songs and amazing scenery with life fundas. It reminds you to love your life again. After watching this movie I have made an addition to my bucket list - Trip to Spain :)




3) Eat Pray Love- A memoir of famous writer Elizabeth Gilbert's journey from depressed divorce to happy ever after phase. I personally just love this movie and the additional reasons for me are Javier Bardem, Julia Roberts, interesting Italy and mesmerizing Bali and moreover the freedom of choice which she is able to make in film. I have also loved reading the book but the movie is no less. Instant feel good film.


4) Rang De Basanti- The best Bollywood film according to me. I don't remember even one of such times when I would have felt lethargic after watching this film. It has adrenaline high dose in each scene with best ever comedy timing, strong dialogues,the strongest start cast ever, powerful songs, power packed performance by all starts and just the best movie.


5) Aisha -  A perfect chick flick but with a good feel to it. I know there are people criticizing the movie but I just drool over the nice easy going story. Its a gala time.


6)Kahaani- Vidya balan at her best. Its a thriller movie and you must be wondering why it is in my feel good movie category. Well the movie is shot with brilliance. A picturesque kolkata at its backdrop, visually an amazing movie. I love the night scenes with traffic lights, tram, easy to go appeal. hmmmm. maybe I am looking for peace. And who would not love Vidya's screen presence?



7) Julie and Julia - So tell me one thing? What do you do when you are gloomy? Eat right? So, this movie will satisfy those hunger pangs or may be increase it but will surely help you come out of that zoned out mode. I personally have craving for bruschetta after I watch this movie. yumm




8) No reservation - This again is one of those satisfying movies. Maybe I just love catherine zeta-jones or food or music or love but this is one of those movies I watch most of the time.



9) Sex and the city- I just loveeee Carrie and ofcourse Big and Miranda and Samantha and Charlotte. This has to be in my list as I practically don't remember the times I have seen the film. It has it all - the lose, win, love, lust, friends, city, dreams, freedom aahhhh how much more should I write to convince you all now. Just go and watch it.


10) Sex and the city 2- No more words. Just go an indulge.




Well this blog was no brainier. Right? All the movies I have loved watching when have had sore throat, under weather or sad or bored or in any other weirder mood mostly because they all have that euphoric feeling of happiness. You loose something but with struggle you get that and more back. And mostly these things are not more than life and are simple things which you and I crave for each day. Well I hope you will enjoy these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment