Monday 5 January 2015

You can hurt me - you can hurt me not!

Have you ever wondered how much of pain and tears we have wasted in our lives due to someone else's jerkiness towards us?

Image from http://www.deviantart.com/

All those teenage years passed in picking rose petals while chanting you love me -you love me not. Isn't it strange that how desperate we become when we develop this strange desire to be liked and loved by someone we barely knew until few days ago. I sometimes wonder if this desire is completely self aggravated or it has some sort of psychics attached to it. How on earth that one person gets so damn important to us in the whole world. All our energies are towards him and him only. All we want at that time is to be approved and paid attention to. I guess nothing much has changed since teenage years. Girls will be girls and as my dear friend Pi would say " women are the sole problem of this universe". I don't really agree with him but don't differ completely also. This emotional market is due to us - the senty types of creatures amongst the two.

No matter how mature we become, we still wear our heart on our sleeves and we love those cushy mushy, lovey dovey things, well most of us does, I guess, err, not sure though.

I had a friend in college whose boyfriend would collect all the movie tickets, restaurant bills, restaurant tissue papers (believe me, its weird but he did) and miscellaneous things like this which would have memories of both of them and then on one of the valentines days he gifted her a book with all those things pasted on each page with their pictures and some stolen love quotes from famous writers and we all went aweeeee after seeing that. I wonder if he had her poop tissue paper also but never asked her, only two of us giggled and kept that as a secret inside joke. And what happens next valentines days? Any guesses? She finds out that he had one more girlfriend in his home town from last 3 years and we went whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat after hearing that but silently felt that anyways it was too good to be true. LOL

Well, doesn't it makes sense? If everything goes like a Bollywood movies and the only important task of a guy is to love her, hold her and protect her from goons then OMG I am suffocated.

Jokes apart, I remember that friend and she was shattered for days and why should I lie when I myself have suffered some major heart breaks and even though I have never experienced heart failure, I can vouch that the pain of heart break is nothing less. You do feel like the end of the world and would cry a thousand rivers. But nothing at all makes sense after a certain period of time and do you know how much the melancholy songs and gifts industry is booming because of us. There were days when we only had some flowers and greeting cards and now we have a whole range of greeting cards, love cards, heart break cards, special chocolates, custom made gifts and key-chains and stuff toys. You name it and its there for you.

So rather than all that jazz and drama of emotional heart failures and rather than increasing the emotional business  of these people who cash on your love, pain and feelings, lets play another game of you hurt me - you hurt me not.

Why on earth we ever gave that much rights to someone we hardly knew to hurt us at first place. Listen to yourself when you say I can't live without him. Why cant you? Your life was perfectly fine before he arrived on that non available imaginative horse and when it could have been fine before him then it will surely be fine after him.

I know there was love and there were desires and may be dreams and now all that is gone. SO ? So, its a good news. How many times do you get a clean slate? You have the power to write a new story on that clean slate. Let go of all the resentment and make a plan and just go with the flow. Who knows, you might end up meeting with a lost part of yourself somewhere in the meadow.

Most important, make a decision to not let anyone hurt you. Its on you. The power is vested in YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It was amazing. I loved reading it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete