Friday 26 February 2016

What is the right way to end an email?

Today while signing off an email I was wondering the same old thing. What to write while signing off?

Ya I know who writes personal emails these days. I mean for official purpose, you can always end the email by saying "Thanks & Regards". I do that every day of my office life and infact we all make our signatures beforehand and thus this gives us no freedom to experiment with official emails.

But unfortunately some of are still hooked to the long and detailed conversations of personal letters and emails and this includes me as well. 

Now, how do you sign off in a personal email so that it gives the warmth of your feelings to the receiver and also it does not indicate too much of an emotion. Hmmm, tricky isn't it? The thing is you can not write the same words every-time as that would make the personal email writing also monotonous and borrrrring.  So what should we do?

I write sometimes - Talk to you soon,  bye , TaTa , hugs, XOXO and Yours sheetal. Now all of these actually depicts different emotions but none of them gives away the true feelings I would want to give. For example, I cant write everytime "hugs" even though thats what I would want to do mostly before actually seeing off the person. But in letters it might take the life of a clingy women (maybe).  Now see bye and TaTa are only used because I dont know what to use. These are not what I wish to say to a close friend.

A friend mostly writes "Big Hug" and that makes me feel soooo good. I mean this is what happens in real life. right?

We say bye and then give tight hug to each other and I might utter words like "I will miss you, Lets meet soon again, Bitch you should call me every day or dont go". giggles. But in emails if I write all these then they might not feel the same way as these friends might be living in different continents and there is a faint possibility that I will see them any time sooner in life. 

If I write "miss you" then yeah that makes sense.
"yours" ok for a very close friend but maybe it might be one step ahead of being a friend. Right? What if that person is not on the same page as you are on? Scary thought. But I guess mostly I can write "Yours sheetal". I mean why not?

But I wish I could write "Lots of love", "lots of hugs and kisses", "Miss you big time", "Miss me",  and  some more of these true true true emotions. 

huuuuuuh

So tell me how can I write a best sign offs in emails?

1 comment:

  1. Putting your feelings to words, for the concerned person, would be the best sign off.

    ReplyDelete