Wednesday 31 December 2014

My must have playlist

I, crazy Pawar, take you, the playlist, to be my lawfully non wedded partner, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Ok this is not a joke. I utterly and completely love these songs and they are my all time partners in life. These are just like how real partners are. You would not feel like talking to them everyday but at the same time you want them with you all the time. The moment someone praises them you are like wow to them and if they go little far like claiming them then ummm excuse me!

1) Jesus don't want me for a Sunbeam- Nirvana

The scene - Bangalore drizzling night, pg room, one big bed, dark room, playlist on with the song, Kurt cobain poster on wall and a girl lying on bed and staring at starts from the wide window, sky completely dark,  dull moon and sky with stars. Oops did I almost forgot- Kurt Cobain's mesmerizing voice.

Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me 

Don't expect me to cry,
For all the reasons you had to die
Don't ever ask your love of me

Don't expect me to cry
Don't expect me to lie
Don't expect me to die for me


2) Hey You - Pink Floyd

Well well, I specifically liked this song of Pink Floyd better than all other songs mainly due to the lyrics. And how can I forget the shrieking voice and bold rhythm.

Hey you out there on your own 
Sitting naked by the phone 
Would you touch me? 
Hey you with you ear against the wall 
Waiting for someone to call out 
Would you touch me? 
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone? 
Open your heart, I'm coming home. 

But it was only fantasy. 
The wall was too high, 
As you can see. 
No matter how he tried, 
He could not break free. 
And the worms ate into his brain.



3) Rolling in the deep- Adele

Adele Adele Adele, I just love you. No matter how upset I am I can listen to her and feel good about myself and mylife. She is the bomb.

Baby, I have no story to be told
But I've heard one on you
And I'm gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair
Make a home down there
As mine sure won't be shared

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling
We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it, to the beat
We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
But you played it, with a beating


4) Where did you sleep last night - Nirvana

I remember a time when Mr Shukla was humming this song imperfectly but cutely in office and I joined the humming thinking, oh he praises my lover (kurt) but Mr Shukla had an audacity to tell me that "Hah, only memorized the first line....dodo did you listen to the songs everrrrr in your life" and I was like "dah.. do you even know whom you are talking to, The Biggest Kurt Cobain Fan In Amazon, the one who has all the information ever printed about him on line, who also keeps his suicide note with her and is in love with him even after his death. "Well ofcourse all the conversation was in my head but hey guess what I still remember that you pissed me of that day. LOL.. No offense though shuklaJi. I know you too love him but don't claim him. HE IS MINE. OK.

My girl, my girl, don't lie to me
Tell me where did you sleep last night

In the pines, in the pines
Where the sun don't ever shine
I would shiver the whole night through

My girl, my girl, where will you go
I'm going where the cold wind blows

In the pines, in the pines
Where the sun don't ever shine
I would shiver the whole night through

Her husband, was a hard working man
Just about a mile from here
His head was found in a driving wheel
But his body never was found



5. Death and all his friends - Coldplay

Ofcourse my Lover is and will always be Nirvana but Coldplay and Pink Floyd have to be an extra marital affair. some how cant choose who is above who and I am not writing in a sexual way but actually in a sequential way. hahahaha. DORK.

All winter we got carried away
Over on the rooftops, let's get married
All summer we just hurried
So come over, just be patient and don't worry
So come over, just be patient and don't worry

So come over, just be patient and don't worry
And don't worry

Try
Try

Try
Try

No, I don't want to battle from beginning to end
I don't want to cycle of recycled revenge
I don't want to follow death and all of his friends


6. Don't cry- Guns and Roses

I am not an ardent fan of guns and roses but that does not mean I dont have hots for slash.But whatever the reason is I utterly love this and sweet child o mine.

Give me a whisper
And give me a sigh
Give me a kiss before you
tell me goodbye
Don't you take it so hard now
And please don't take it so bad
I'll still be thinkin' of you
And the times we had...baby

And don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry tonight

And please remember that I never lied
And please remember
how I felt inside now honey
You gotta make it your own way
But you'll be alright now sugar
You'll feel better tomorrow
Come the morning light now baby


7. Nothing else matters- Metallica

Do I need to mention why on earth someone would like this song. you gotta be kidding me love.

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know


8. Truly Madly deeply - Savage Garden

A perfect song for a romantic person like me, well sometimes ....

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope I'll be your love
Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do
I will be strong I will be faithful
'cause I'm counting on
A new beginning
A reason for living
A deeper meaning, yeah


9.Hallelujah- Jeff Buckley

Thank you Bhojwani for introducing me to The OC and hence the song. What can I say, it will stay with me forever and ever and ever. Love this song.

Well I heard there was a secret chord
that David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah


10. Thousand Years 

After all a girl. Even tomboyish girls can be dreamy at times. heart heart


Heart beats fast

Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died every day
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more


No comments:

Post a Comment